The one thing that fueled me during my finals week was the thought that after all the hard work, I get to go to Ultra Music Festival and see all my favorite DJs! It did not disappoint. I had so much fun with my Filipino friends. Though I do love my foreign buddies, it’s still a different atmosphere hanging out with your fellow countrymen.
Our three-day adventure started with just me, Annie, Frank and Clarence. Unfortunately, Gavin and Justine were still stuck in reality so they missed half of the awesome first day experience. Preparing for UMF (Ultra Music Festival) was a struggle. As a girl, I always tend to bring more items than needed. Just in case, you know?
Anyways, my guy friends brought Camelbaks which was a saving grace for everyone. It’s a backpack that holds about 80 ounces of water with a long straw coming out from the side. Perfect for long hours in crowds and better than carrying a water bottle. On the other hand, I brought..
(Thanks to my friend, Camie, for the layout inspiration.)
- UMF ticket – This is the most important item in your bag. Do not lose it!
- Wet wipes and hand sanitizer – These will be your best friends when you want to visit the portable potties. I do not need to tell you how disgusting and dirty that human sized green box is.
- Diffraction glasses – You don’t really need these but they give out such a cool effect with the lights that may enhance your Ultra experience.
- Gum – For that uncontrollable urge to chew something when hanging out with Molly. *wink*
- ID that says you’re over 21 – If you want to buy drinks.. But honestly, their alcohol choices are limited and so expensive, you’re better off without it.
- Vaporub – Rub a little on your nose when you go to the restroom and it will mask the bad odor. Also, this will help clear your airway when you feel suffocated around the crowd.
- Cash – To buy food, drinks or other stuff you might want.
- Lighter and smokes – For friends.. (As a girl, you tend to hold all your guy friends’ stuff. It’s part of the description.)
Before, I used to think that girls in EDM festivals were too scantily dressed. I never understood the concept of wearing bikinis and short shorts. But oh boy, did I find out why. Being in that place was like being in a sauna. Shorts, bikini top or a loose tank with sneakers is the best way to go. Preferably in light colors but not white.